Egyptians believed rose quartz had anti-aging properties. It is thought that the Goddess Isis would gather tumbled stones of rose quartz by the Nile river where she used these as facial massage stones to keep the complexion clear and prevent wrinkles.
Rose Quartz is commonly referred to as the "Love Stone" for its strong vibrations of unconditional love, tenderness, joy warmth and healing. This beautiful pink crystal has a powerful energy that resonates within both the heart chakra and the higher heart chakra the area related to compassion.
Pair the Gua Sha plate with a moisturizer or facial oil, glide it across skin gently. This helps to promote lymphatic drainage to improve appearance of elasticity of the skin & reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. With gently applied pressure, the tool will aid in relieving facial tension. Perfect for those who are prone to clenching jaw, frowning, grinding teeth at night, this will ease all the knots and muscle tightness. Pop it into the refrigerator for extra coolness to depuff face!
BENEFITS OF GUA SHA:
- Reduces puffiness in the face, especially the under eye area
- Softens appearances of wrinkles and fine lines
- Sculpts jawline and cheekbones
- Stimulates detoxification
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
1. Before you start, wash your Gua Sha tool with water and soap to ensure that it is clean. You can opt for an alcohol wipe if you like If you prefer, you can even leave it in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, for additional soothing effect on your skin.
2. Cleanse your face and apply any serum, face oil or moisturizer of your choice. Your skin should be slippery with some product to allow the Gua Sha to glide smoothly across your skin.
3. Hold your tool firmly in the correct way. The curved part should hug the curves of your skin and the flat part should rest on your skin.
4. Begin by using the wider concave side of your tool. Start at the base of one of the sides of your well-moisturized neck, pulling it up, towards your jaw. Repeat this a few times and do the same on the other side of your neck. Then move to the front of your neck, making the same upward movement. Gentle firm pressure is all that is needed.
5. Next, with the smaller cleft or divot in your Gua Sha, start from the center of your chin and move it along your jawline, going towards the bottom of your ears. Repeat this a few times and follow the same movement on the other side.
6. Take the flatter curve of your tool and scrape from the center of your face to massage the cheeks. You will have to do this in a couple of horizontal lines to cover the area.
7. Then, use the small rounded end of your tool to massage the area under your eyes, pulling it towards your temples.
8. Place your tool against your forehead in a way that the largest curve is just above and gently pull it up towards your hairline.
Repeat as necessary.